Monday 1 June 2009

Another Magazine S/S 2008

I was in Tower Records in Shibuya the other day and noticed they had some back issues of magazines that they were selling quite cheap. I was really happy that they had the S/S08 issue of Another Magazine as I remember contemplating buying this at the time it was out. I remember the reason I didn't was because magazines these days have become sooo expensive.



Now, anyone who knows me fashion-wise will tell you how much I love colour. It doesn't have to be over the top style rainbows, even different shadings of black will do but I firmly believe colour is an important part of what makes an outfit. The right mix of colours can make even the drabbest of items stand out with maximum impact. So I was really happy that I was able to get a copy of this particular issue of AM as the entire issue is packed with colour. I know it's the S/S issue and for those fashionistas, you'll remember it was the season of Dolce's paint collection amongst others. The entire magazine is just so eye catching and enchanting. The layers, the prints, the palettes/schemes. Some of the print in this issue is so enigmatic it makes you want to run your hand over the paper just to check it's not a canvas.

Another Magazine S/S08

Dolce and Gabbana S/S08 campaign.


Prada S/S08 campaign.


Burberry S/S08 campaign (my favourite of this season.)


Roberto Cavalli, Just Cavalli S/S08 campaign.


Dress by Dolce and Gabbana.


Kansai Yamamoto.


Stefanel.


Dolce and Gabbana.


Comme des Garcons.


Lanvin S/S08 campaign.


Vintage Vivienne Westwood.


Tsumori Chisato S/S08 campaign.


Yves Saint Laurent S/S08 campaign.


Cartier.


Burberry Prorsum.

I could literally scan this entire magazine and put it up in here as I love it that much but I'll leave it at that! What are your thoughts on colour though? What colours do you tend to wear/not wear or simply stay away from? I'd love to hear from you! For me, I tend to not wear a lot of black. If I do, i'll always mix it with some vibrant colour such as a red or green. i rarely tend to wear all black or similar shades.

No comments: